(for two servings):
- 4 small sweet potatoes or 2 medium (make sure you pick ones with orange flesh)
- 1 teaspoon organic ghee (or sesame oil, skip the coconut oil, it is too cooling for this time of the year) + 1/2 teaspoon to top
- 1/2 teaspoon excellent quality turmeric ( I like Diaspora Co.)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- a pinch of pink salt
- Optional to top: boiled greens beans, a small amount of chickpeas + hingvastak, a small amount of sautéed lacinato kale.
Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them in chunks.
Steam or boil them for about 15mn: they are ready when you can stick a fork with no resistance in them. Drain and let cool for 5 mn.
Mash the potatoes in a bowl with a fork, then add ghee or sesame oil, turmeric, nutmeg, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
Serve in bowls, top with 1/4 teaspoon more ghee per person and cumin. Add optional toppings.